Transformation begins in the mind...
- The nSpiring Youth Organization’s Financial Literacy Program (nYO-FLP), our core initiative, has embarked on a mission to empower teens and young adults by exposing them to the world and instilling in them financially sustainable behaviors and competencies with a focus on self-sufficiency and strong money management skills.
- Research shows that individuals graduating from high schools in states that require personal finance education have higher savings rates and net worth as a percentage of their earnings than individuals graduating from high schools in states where financial education is not mandated. (“Integrating Financial Education into School Curricula,” The Department of the Treasury)
- This project supports teens to cultivate in them a love for money management skills and a desire to be fiscally responsible. It will be a cornerstone of a comprehensive program that aims to empower youth to succeed by inspiring them to dream big and think without boxes or labels. Our primary goal is to give them the confidence and tools to believe in themselves and be successful, responsible individuals.
- Adding Art + Design to the equation transforms STEM into STEAM. STEM + Art/Design= STEAM and is becoming widely adopted by institutions, corporations and individuals. Legislation in assemblies country wide, as well as research demonstrating the emergence of “designing for form, not functionality” along with renewed corporate respect for “right-brain” thinking are collaborating to help make this a reality.
- The STEAM initiative is championed by the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD).
- As American institutions increasingly turn to innovation, our young minds will need to know how to embrace this manner of thinking. Art + Design is already a major part of every product we use today and is changing our manner of thinking and our economy in the same ways that Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics did before.
- It's not just a hashtag, #ReimagineBaltimore™ is a collaborative, social, effort between businesses and non-profits to challenge Baltimore children, families, non-profit directors, business-owners, and policy makers to shake loose existing ways of approaching the societal dilemmas of the city. We aim to harness the collective will and efforts of the city to make Baltimore a city with a future and a true city of the future.
- Check our Partners page to see who's already on board. Want more information? Contact us now!
Photographs by Jon Bilous.